A lot goes into podcasting – oftentimes much more than we anticipate when first starting. Regardless of how much we love podcasting, it’s important to make sure that we check in with ourselves and make sure we keep having fun. When was the last time you tried something new?
There could be a simple remedy whenever you feel like you lack motivation or feel a bit in a creativity blue. Maybe you need to step out of your comfort zone and try something new?
They do say that a change is as good as a holiday. Now, I’ve never been completely convinced of this statement, but making some kind of change can certainly go a long way to reinvigorating your podcast passion!
New challenges are a really effective way to improve your skills and experience growth, both personally and with your podcast. This list of 23 things is just what you need to build up excitement and get you feeling all motivated once again.
How many things can you already cross off this list?
- Invite a (new) co-host for just one episode.
- Give your recording space a make-over.
- Join a podcast community.
- Binge drop a bunch of episodes.
- Plan and host your own podcast event.
- Try to record an episode in a foreign language.
- Take a well-deserved break.
- Introduce a new element to your show.
- Be a guest on another show.
- Do a live podcast recording.
- Meet 5 (new!) people from your hometown that listen to your podcast.
- Collaborate with other podcasters within your niche.
- Collaborate with other podcasters outside your niche.
- Design and launch your own podcast merch.
- Record a new intro. (Need some help?)
- Spend some dollars on social ads for your podcast.
- Help somebody with their podcast launch.
- Record an episode after a few drinks.
- Find a different place to record your podcast, maybe even a new country!
- Give your artwork a much-needed refresh.
- Surprise drop a bonus episode on a day your listeners won’t expect it.
- Invite a celebrity to be a guest.
- Throw a party to celebrate the fact that you’re actually a podcaster.