Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with what’s happening in podcasting. There’s so much podcast news available you just don’t know where to start.
That’s why we’re reading the headlines for you. Every week we’ll update you on the Audry Blog with the five most exciting headlines in the world of podcasting. A must-read during your weekend when you don’t have time to stay up to date with all the podcast news during the week.
Let’s get started.
1. YouTube gets serious about podcasting
Not one but two scoops in this weeks’ Hot Pod Newsletter from The Verge written by Ashley Carman.
What you’ll read:
– Amazon is building a top-secret live audio app.
– YouTube finally has someone leading podcasting efforts.
2. Spotify says US podcast listeners now use its service more than Apple Podcasts
During the company’s Q3 2021 earnings call, the company said that according to Edison Research and its own internal sources, it “recently became” the No. 1 podcast platform U.S. listeners use the most.
3. Dread Asking Your Podcast Listeners For Money? Here’s How To Succeed
Asking your listeners for financial support can be really hard. But know that everyone struggles with it, and it does get easier.
What you’ll read:
Tips from successful listener-supported podcasters to help you through.
4. Is Facebook good for podcasters?
Tom Webster has shared the video of his keynote at Podcast Movement this year in Nashville. Spoiler: It can be good- if you adopt the right mindset.
5. Award-winning House Of Pod warns that it may be closing.
“We’ve been around for four years, and if something doesn’t change by the end of 2021, I’m afraid we’re going to have to close down our community space and adjust our business model,” founder Cat Jaffee says.
Read more on insideradio.com.
What’s caught your eye this week?